These are some of the projects which I have worked on. Most of these
were undertaken during my course in computer science and engineering.
- GETsP-Genetic Algorithm based solution for the Traveling
TSP is NP-hard, Hence there are no polynomial time solutions for the
problem. A GA based solution offers comparatively quicker near optimum
results. The solution was coded in C++ and can be easily extended to
other problems. Prof. Mahabala, IIITb advised on the project.
- SAFARsim – multithreaded Manet simulator.
Created a simulator to study the performance of SAFAR. The simulator
is unique in that it represents each mobile node as a separate thread
communicating via shared memory with appropriate functions to simulate
physical layer packet loss.
- NACHOS: Thread and process subsystem
Designing thread and process subsystem of a pedantic operating system
as a part of the Design of Computer Systems-Mini Project. The thread
system allows creation and synchronization of multiple threads through
synchronization primitives. The process subsystem allows the creation
of multiple processes with page translation. The system also supports
exception handling and a variety of system calls like Fork, Join, and
- netSniff: Network traffic Monitoring app
Designed the interface and co-developed netSniff a network traffic monitoring
tool. The tool has a java based packet sniffer and a visual basic front
end showing the traffic load on the network and statistics. Prof. Mahabala,
IIITb advised on the project
- Design of an assembler for the 8085 instruction set supporting named
variables, equivalences and labels.
- Design of a simple restricted SQL query parser supporting creation
of simple databases and conditional queries.
- Created an e-commerce enabled websites for destination Time (a watch
retailing company) and Samrat International supporting shopping carts,
multiple users with user accounts.